When we meet with print buyers and designers, they often ask why our G7 Master Printer designation makes a difference. We ask if they consistently get the results they expect from their print provider.
Our answer: Consistency, predictable results, and visually accurate color across the spectrum of materials being printed upon — that is the benefit of working with a G7 Master Printer.
Wallace Carlson Printing located in the greater Minneapolis, Minnesota area is a G7 Master Qualified Printer. This designation does make a difference for print buyers seeking the best color printing.
Unlike certifications and standards that are designed to advance the color reproduction industry, the G7 Master Printer status is designed to improve the experience for the print customer.
It means that we:
- Put our employees through rigorous training in the G7 methodology;
- Use state-of-the-art press and prepress equipment that is capable of achieving the results necessary for G7 Master Printer designation;
- Submit our proofs and printed samples for third-party evaluation;
- Undergo regular scrutiny to have our G7 Master Printer designation renewed;
- Successfully complete all the requirements for G7 Master Printer status;
- Are listed in the Idealliance registry of qualified facilities around the world.
Wallace Carlson Printing’s centerpiece in the G7 Master Printer methodology is the Komori Lithrone GL840P/C, one of the finest presses in the country for G7-compliant color printing.
Our 40” 8-color perfector is capable of using Toyo HUV inks and can produce expanded gamut color printing. The press features a coater unit, PQA-S Dual Camera Inspection System, fully automated make-ready and plate changing technology, and automated washup functions to deliver the speed, quality, and efficiency required in today’s market.
Here’s more on how G7 Master Printer status makes a difference, according to Idealliance.org:
“Idealliance certifies our industry’s most knowledgeable experts to qualify leading providers of print, creative, and prepress services in the G7 methodology…
- G7 is both a definition of grayscale appearance, and a calibration method for adjusting any CMYK imaging device to simulate the G7 grayscale definition.
- G7 is a method to ensure a similar appearance across multiple devices.
- G7 is used to consistently hit desired color targets.
- G7 is designed to align all processes, substrates, and inks.
In addition, being a G7 Master Printer means we are part of a larger group of printers who have achieved various stages of G7 mastery and compliance through Idealliance.
As a part of this global consortium of G7 Master Printers, we can tap into the newest proven methods for achieving the results that customers expect.
Everything we do at Wallace Carlson Printing is designed to create outstanding color printing.
The G7 Master Color Printer designation is just one of the tools we use to produce repeatable, measurable, and consistent color that meets the high expectations of our customers.
If you are curious about what it means to work with a G7 Master Printer, we invite you to tour our facility in Minnetonka, Minnesota and meet our color experts.
We would love to show you the G7 difference!
Visit our gallery here.