We have a great group of people working at Wallace Carlson Printing. We offer competitive wages and benefits and we are always looking for great additions to our team. Come back often as we post the positions publicly thru our website.
Responsible for preparing estimates, planning production requirements and effectively communicating requirements and plans for offset and digital print production jobs utilizing a 40” 8C Komori, variable data prep, bindery, hand assembly, and/or mailing services. Also responsible for negotiating vendor pricing for paper stock and bindery services.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities: Bindery/Finishing Production
- Analyze and interpret specifications provided by clients and salespeople.
- Prepare accurate and timely print production quotes based on specifications.
- Manage timeline requirements of internal customers.
- Negotiate vendor pricing for outside services, paper stock, and bindery materials and confirm vendor schedules and requirements.
- Consult with sales, leadership, account managers, and production to ensure top optimal production processes.
Additional Duties & Resposibilities
- Monitor, maintain and troubleshoot EFI Pace estimating functionality.
- Develop and maintain effective estimating standards.
- Provide back-up support to purchasing department.
- Follow and comply with all safety and work rules and regulations.
- Five or more years of print industry experience.
- Knowledge and experience with EFI Pace or similar print managing information systems.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with customers, peers, and managers.
- Strong customer/sales focus.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong math, computer, and analytical skills
- Detail oriented.
- 5+ years of print industry experience
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time.
- Office environment with low levels of noise; occasional exposure to fumes from digital machinery and pressroom area.
Please email Holly at [email protected] if you are interested in joining our growing team!