We have a great group of people working at Wallace Carlson Printing. We offer competitive wages and benefits and we are always looking for great additions to our team. Come back often as we post the positions publicly thru our website.
Responsible for efficient and accurate setup and operations of assigned bindery/finishing processes and equipment. Work in a professional and collaborative manner with all WCP departments and customers to ensure that production deadlines and customer expectations are consistently met. Attend meetings and perform activities related to bindery/finishing operations as directed. Know and follow all workplace safety policies and procedures.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities: Bindery/Finishing Production
- Read work orders to determine instructions and specifications for machine set-up.
- Examine stitched, collated, bound, or unbound product samples for defects, such as imperfect bindings, ink spots, torn pages, loose pages, or loose or uncut threads.
- Set up, run and adjust bindery machines and devices to accommodate sheets, signatures, or books of specified sizes.
- Trim edges of books to size, using cutting machines, book trimming machines, or hand cutters.
- Stitch or glue endpapers, bindings, backings, or signatures, using sewing machines, glue machines, or glue and brushes.
- Inspect products, deciding to accept or reject the products in order to maintain the quality level required.
- Perform daily, as well as periodic, maintenance on bindery/finishing equipment, and assist in the repair and/or the rebuilding of the equipment when called upon.
Marginal Job Functions:
- Daily organization of skids and skid tops.
- Maintain a clean work environment.
- One to three years of experience in a print bindery.
Please email Holly at email@example.com if you are interested in joining our growing team!