We have a great group of people working at Wallace Carlson Printing. We offer competitive wages and benefits and we are always looking for great additions to our team. Come back often as we post the positions publicly thru our website.
This position will be responsible for overseeing a four-person department, manage incoming and outgoing deliveries, inventory management.
Shift: 1st Shift – Monday to Friday
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Complying with all company policies and established plant safety procedures.
- Coordinate all outgoing shipments between customer and vendors.
- The overall management and operations of the shipping and receiving department.
- Overseeing the loading of products in a safe and efficient manner.
- Ensures shipping employees’ safety including safety training, safety conditions, and practices
- Oversees shipping quality, accuracy, timeliness, best practices and procedures
- Maintains shipping equipment and vehicles
- Manages shipping employees’ training and development to ensure high performance and success
- Consults with supervisors and other departments regarding daily shipping activities.
- Inspects material handling equipment and dock areas for any needed repairs or maintenance
- Prepares finished product for shipment.
- Wrap and strap load securely for transport.
- Prepare labels and paperwork.
- Forklift experience and certifications required.
- Keeping the shop floor clean and organized.
- Must be able and willing to work with employees from other departments to help solve shipping questions that may arise.
- Occasionally lift up to 50 lbs.
- Working in a fast-paced environment.
- Frequent standing.
- Occasional stooping, bending and reaching.
- Visually able to inspect jobs for defects.
- Manual dexterity for repetitive work.
Skills and Knowledge:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- 2 – 5 years of experience in a manufacturing shipping and receiving environment. (Print related experience preferred, but not mandatory).
- Management experience
- Knowledge of UPS WorldShip and FedEx Software.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word.
Benefits Package Includes:
- Medical coverage
- 401(k) with employer match
- Paid Vacation and paid holidays
- Life insurance
- Short Term and Long Term Disability
- High school or equivalent
- Shipping and Receiving Operations (2 years)